AT THE WELL NETWORK WEAVER
At The Well is looking for a super skilled, exceptionally human, hyper-On It professional to join our team as Network Weaver. New to At The Well? Here’s a little bit about us:
ABOUT AT THE WELL
At The Well connects (mainly Millennial) women-identifying people to body, soul, and community through health content, Jewish learning, and spirituality. We provide women with support and tools to form Well Circles, local, self-run groups that practice Rosh Chodesh, an ancient Jewish ritual convening women around each new moon.
We produce, curate, and distribute original content blending women’s health and Jewish spirituality, and host regional retreats and workshops. Our website is an online “well” of resources on spiritual, psychological, and physical wellness. We also just launched a downloadable set of guides to make it easier and faster for interested women to set up or join a Well Circle. This is a fast-growing start-up, forging a path in the Jewish wellness space, and you would be joining the team as the second full-time hire, to work alongside the founder and chief executive, Sarah Waxman. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, passionate self-starter to take the reins alongside Sarah.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A NETWORK WEAVER
You’ll act as At The Well’s ambassador to our 70+ Well Circles around the world, checking in regularly with each Well Circle’s point person. You’ll support, nurture, and coach these women through community creation and upkeep. You’ll also help women interested in starting Well Circles to get theirs up and running. You’ll track Well Circles’ progress (growth, longevity, pain points, successes), and you’ll make choices about which technology platforms we should be using to manage this data and meet our objectives. You’ll also keep an eye on Well Circles for original content ideas and potential contributors, and help direct them to our content team.
Because of your intimate knowledge about how our Well Circles work, you’ll act as a thought leader integral to the development of our onboarding system for new Well Circles. You’ll be the one with the most informed recommendations about what At The Well must do to support a robust and thriving network of interconnected Well Circles.
Which brings us to the second and equally important “weaver” element of the Network Weaver position. It will be your job to help existing Well Circles connect with each other to share ideas and content, and to inspire new Well Circles in their communities. The Network Weaver will also actively recruit “Well Women” to attend regional events in their areas and generate original content. As part of building the broader network, the Network Weaver will be constantly forging relationships with Well Circles and Jewish health and wellness professionals. Because of the start-up nature of our work, responsibilities will include other duties as assigned.
MINDSETS + SKILL SETS
- You’re hyper-organized, giving you the minor superpower of being able to keep track of and coordinate many different people spread across many different locales.
- You can nerd out on systems thinking and deep diving into the details. You have the ability to develop concrete recommendations, and to troubleshoot technology and database issues.
- You have exceptionally strong interpersonal skills and make people feel safe and seen. Others comment on how you make them feel comfortable.
- You’re interested in storytelling, questioning, getting to know people, and discovering what makes them tick and lights them up.
- Through your liaison with Matriarchs, you’re able to quickly spot opportunities to help community members transform various Circles’ practices and activities into original At The Well content.
- You’re passionate about women’s health and Judaism
- You’re great working with a team, especially one that’s spread out around the world!
- You’re a self starter and feel comfortable teaching people about how to form community and “hold space.”
- You're inspired to help At The Well's diverse, global network grow in the unique space where wellness meets holiness, and you feel comfortable speaking with diverse communities around the globe.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- You have at least 2-5 years of prior related work experience.
- You’ve worked in some kind of community coordinator capacity.
- You belong or have belonged to an ongoing group or circle resembling a Well Circle (or will commit to one if hired).
- You’ve worked as a coach, mentor, educator, therapist — some modality in which you were in the role of a nurturer, supporter. Or, you’ve worked as a recruiter, data-collector, or systems creator. (The Network Weaver wears a few different hats; we’re open to candidates with expertise in certain parts of the job and enthusiastic interest in learning about others.)
- You have experience designing and administering metric collection instruments.
- Preferably, you’ve studied or have familiarity with network theory and design.
- You’re comfortable with travel. (The Bay is home base for At The Well; having you near is strongly preferred!)
- You have prior experience working with database programs and software (such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Salesforce), or you have experience managing large volumes of data in a system you’ve created.
- Some weekend and evening work or travel may be required
- Ability to travel to periodic in-person meetings in various U.S. locations
- Working with others virtually who are based in various time zones
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time contracted role with location flexibility and subsidies for health coverage to support the positive mental and physical wellness we exist to inspire. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and availability.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are currently closed, if you are interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oneness & Individuality: The Interconnectivity of All Things
We treasure the Jewish value of natural connectivity and believe that the individual plays a fundamental role in the equilibrium of all things. The health of an individual supports the health of her Well Circle, which in turn supports the health of her local community, the city in which she resides, and the wider global Jewish population. The cultivation of these connections draw us closer to wellness and wholeness.
Cycles & Shechinah: The Divine Femin(ism)
Jewish time and the female body! We’re reviving the Hebrew calendar in all its cyclical, lunar glory! By aligning and teaching these practices, we’re encouraging the cultivation of lives that are infused with greater meaning, connection, and of course, wholeness.
Science & Sanctification: The Holiness of Health
Science bolsters the motivation behind many ancient Jewish practices; religion and science are truly greater than the sum of their parts. We celebrate the sanctity that resides in the laws of the natural world, with a special focus on how the phases of the moon sanctify the natural cycle of the female body.
Growth & Learning: The Journey of Personal Transformation
Learning together is more powerful than going it alone, a belief long held in Jewish tradition. We encourage the cultivation and development of micro-communities, co-created by their members, run with a rotating leadership model that helps develop a more complete sense of self. Or, as we call them...Well Circles!
At The Well recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.
This job description reflects At The Well’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.